HOW I EDIT MY INSTAGRAM PHOTOS IN 5 STEPS

by - 8.3.17



The editing process of my Instagram photos is really not that long... 
which is a great thing, because my patience also, humorously, doesn't last all that long either!

I have received many comments on instagram about the apps I use, the filters and the exposure to which I edit my photos with, so I thought, why not just post a step by step tutorial here!?

So if you are interested in how I edit, then just keep on reading!


1.          TAKE THE PHOTO


 Possibly the most obvious step, yet still the most crucial :P 

I take half of my photos on my I-phone 6S, and the rest on my Nikon Coolpix P510. 

Honestly, the camera photos are FAR BETTER, and I can tell a difference, however it really doesn't matter what equipment you use to take your photos as long as it is well lit, in focus and has a thought-through background (that means there is 100% chance there wont be dirty undies or a crumb from your toast in the frame!!!) 


2.          WHITEN THE BACKGROUND


Next I use the AirBrush App to whiten the background of my images. 


This app's intended use is to edit/photoshop how you look, hence the whitening tool is meant for your teeth, however I am quite against that whole idea, and instead use it as a way to enhance my images background..... multitalented amiright! 


3.          ADD THE FILTER 


Next I open the VSCO app (and like all other instagrammers, I LOVE THIS!!), and always head towards my FAVE filter.......


A5!!!!!

I normally keep it on full, however you can adjust the intensity of the filter by sliding the arrow. 
Its all up to you! 


4.          EDIT THE EXPOSURE AND CLARITY 


Next I up the exposure/brightness to around 1.0-1.5 (however it all depends on the original photo!) 


And sometimes I may add some clarity to the image by sharpening it ever so slightly (and I mean 0.3-0.5 max!)

5.          PLAN YOUR FEED




The final step before uploading is planning your instagram feed to make sure all the photos go together well... 

And once you have curated the look, you can click upload, add a caption and BAM! 

Your work here is done! 

Ella x

You May Also Like

0 comments